Heirloom Tomato and Provolone Toasts
175 / Serving
2 medium DelFrescoPure® Heirloom tomatoes, cored and sliced – 9 slices
2 tbsp LivingCube™ Chefs Blend microgreens
6 slices of multigrain bread
6 slices Provolone cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Pop the bread into the toaster just to crisp a little but not to brown.
- Gather the remaining ingredients ready for assembly.
- On a cookie sheet, place the 6 slices toasted bread. Top with cheese and then tomato slices to fit. Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melty and the tomatoes are warm and perhaps a little charred.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the toasts with fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Other tomatoes can be substituted for the Heirlooms as long as they are ripe, sweet and juicy. You can try TOVs, Delights™ or Beefsteak.
Nutritional FactsServing Size: 1, Servings Per Recipe: 6, Amount Per Serving: Calories 175, Total Fat 8.6g (11% Daily Value), Saturated Fat 5g (25% Daily Value), Cholesterol 19mg (6% Daily Value), Sodium 356mg (15% Daily Value), Potassium 136mg (3% Daily Value), Carbohydrate 13.5g (5% Daily Value), Dietary Fiber 2.4g (9% Daily Value), Sugars 2.9g, Protein 11g.