Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers
474 / Serving
4 oz cream cheese
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 teaspoon Tex Mex seasoning
1/4 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese + 2 tablespoons for garnish
6 Sweetreats® Mini Peppers cut in half, seeds and ribs removed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or spray with vegetable oil
- In small bowl, mix all the filling ingredients until smooth
- Stuff each pepper half with a large tablespoon filling. Place filled peppers on cookie sheet and sprinkle with extra cheese for garnish
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly and peppers have softened
- Cool slightly before eating. Garnish with a little chopped cilantro before serving
Other seasonings and cheeses can be used to change flavors. Try Pepper Jack cheese with chili powder or Italian blend cheese with dry basil or oregano.
Nutritional FactsServing Size: 1, Servings Per Recipe: 2, Amount Per Serving: Calories 474, Total Fat 38.6g (49% Daily Value), Saturated Fat 19.2g (96% Daily Value), Cholesterol 113mg (38% Daily Value), Sodium 1233mg (54% Daily Value), Potassium 568mg (12% Daily Value), Carbohydrate 10.3g (4% Daily Value), Dietary Fiber 1.5g (5% Daily Value), Sugars 4.3g, Protein 21.8g.